Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fertility and Density

In the first "Back to Future" movie, there's a scene where Michael J. Fox's father gets the courage to speak to his mother for the first time. A tongue-tied teenager he expresses his infatuation: "You are my density." Somehow, this article reminds of that.

Via Newmark's Door which makes the observation: "Where does [Harvard] get guys like this?"

I particular liked this cogent comment at N'sD: "Reading between the lines, Ellwood's solution is to have the government subsidize rich families so that they have more kids. I don't think so. My experience is that high-power women who do not want kids should not have them. And money would not be an incentive for them to have kids. If America did not have immigration, I would worry more about this problem. But children of immigrants will furnish all the brainpower we need."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home