Thursday, January 05, 2006

Mankiw's 7 resolutions for politicians :: WSJ

They're US-centric, but many generalize. My favorites:

2. "I am going to admit that unilateral disarmament in the trade wars would make the U.S. a richer nation."

3. "I will tell Americans that eliminating our farm subsidies should not be a "concession" made in trade negotiations but a policy change that we affirmatively embrace."

4. " I will tell the American people that a higher tax on gasoline is better at encouraging conservation than are heavy-handed CAFE regulations."

7. "I will be modest about what government can do. I know that economic prosperity comes not from government programs but from entrepreneurial inspiration."

Via The EclectEcon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Newman said...

If only politicians would adopt just those four.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home