Monday, March 27, 2006

The Box that Changed the World, and Dubai :: Virginia Postrel

My number one favorite columnist, economics or otherwise, has written her last column for the NYT. I may have to start a subscription to The Atlantic - which is where Virginia is headed.

The last column is vintage Postrel. Especially if you are a Dubaian seeking greater insight into how ports work and what makes Dubai the entrepĂ´t of the region.

While I'm at it, I recommend you read one of my all time favorite books, Postrel's The Future and Its Enemies: The Growing Conflict Over Creativity, Enterprise, and Progress.

Virginia ends her post by revealing that our number 1 favorite economics blogger is taking her place, Tyler Cowen of Marginal Revolution. Congratulations, Tyler. We look forward seeing your sphere of influence expand.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home