Friday, March 16, 2007

Were those 2005 pay raises implemented?

Flashback to April 2005:
Big salary increase for federal employees
The salary increase for UAE nationals and expatriates announced by President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan yesterday was unanimously welcomed by residents.
...
Effective May 1, UAE nationals working in federal government institutions will receive a 25 per cent increase on their basic salary, and non-UAE nationals a 15 per cent rise.I am hearing anecdotal reports these were never implemented for nationals or nonnationals.

Echoing these informal reports are reports in the news such as, Doctors resent delay in pay rise and a report that until just recently police salaries had been static for a number of years.

My question is: Were the announced salary increases of April 2005 ever enacted?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brn said...

I can tell you that at UAE University that they were not. Since that occurred just before I got here, I have no first hand knowledge, but my co-workers told me that immediately after the raise was announced, prices in the market increased in expectation of this extra money university staff would have too. So the announcement seemed to make everyone's life harder.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home