Sunday, February 18, 2007

Women will be paid to donate eggs for science :: The Guardian

Quote:
Women will be paid to donate their eggs for scientific research in a landmark decision that will prompt a fierce backlash from leading figures in the medical world.

The Human Fertility and Embryology Authority (HFEA), the government regulator of this highly sensitive area, is expected to approve the policy when it meets on Wednesday. At present, clinics are not allowed to accept eggs donated for scientific research unless they are a byproduct of either IVF treatment or sterilisation. Campaigners for change say that this has led to a chronic shortage of eggs for scientific use.
...
Anyone agreeing to donate will have to show that they are acting for altruistic reasons, for example because they have a close relative suffering with one of the conditions scientists are trying to develop new treatments for with the aid of human eggs.
Women who have the right to an abortion should have the right to sell eggs. What would be the outcry if the market was for fetuses?

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

I've also never understood why men get paid for donating sperm but women don't get paid for donating eggs, a far more invasive and risky proedure. About time they were paid.

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

egg donation is an important break through that has allowed other people to help those in need! I love the idea! I have been wanting to donate eggs for awhile now, and I think I just may do it

4:56 PM  
Blogger Blair said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am very interested in donating my eggs for research. How do you go about it in Dubai or the UAE? Can someone please give me some information..
Thanks

6:16 PM  
Blogger Edward Rodrigues said...

I want to donate sperms in Abu Dhabi or UAE.How can i do that.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Edward Rodrigues said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Edward said...

I want to donate sperms to someone who is in need in Abu Dhabi or UAE.How can i do that???

9:53 PM  
Anonymous contactos madrid said...

Very effective material, thanks so much for this post.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous sunny said...

i want to donate my sperm for cash in uae if some one wants let me know the intrest mail me aqib_sunny@hotmail.com

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to donate my sperm for cash in uae if some one wants let me know the intrest mail me luvthebest@ymail.com

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want too donate sperm.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mandeep.dmc@gmail.com

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im in dubai it will be an pleasure to donate sperm if need just giv a call 00971502965213

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello would love to donate eggs please email shagufta.fkhan@yahoo.com

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to Donate my sperm for cash. Anyone intrested should E-mail me on spermyblaze@operamail.com

10:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want donate my spurm for money anyone want so please contact me on sunny_ss6vv@yahoo.co.in I'm at 23 years.u can find me on fb also sunny gupta

Thank you.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want donate my spurm for money anyone want so please contact me on sunny_ss6vv@yahoo.co.in I'm at 23 years.u can find me on fb also sunny gupta

Thank you.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi friends... am 24 years old Indian. if any one feel happy because of me..... i am ready to donate for free... contact me on jithu.safi@gmail.com

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home