Sunday, March 13, 2005

Slavery - Gulf News

QUOTE
The woman arrived in the UAE on March 6 and paid 100,000 Indian rupees (about Dh8,480) for a visit visa.

"A woman by the name of Lakshmi provided me with the visa. I have her mobile number, I was staying with her in Sharjah. Since my husband died, it had become difficult for us to survive. He was the only member of the family working. My mother took out a loan to get me a visa. I landed in Dubai and was taken to a house. I do not know where it was. I was told I would get a job as a housemaid soon and I should not worry. The next day, I was brought to Sharjah. Lakshmi and another woman were with me all the time. They both spoke Telugu. I came to learn of their intention to force me into prostitution the same day I came to Sharjah."
UNQUOTE

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

such a great post thanks and keep it up Gulf Job Sites

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home