Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wal-Mart enlists bloggers in its P.R. campaign :: New York Times

Very nice article by Michael Barbaro giving a solid presentation of views from all sides of the issue.

I suspect that I am like Michael Barbaro, which is that I do not always reveal my sources and my posts represent my thoughts and words. Quoted material is always clearly referenced/hyperlinked.

I am a recipient of Wal-Mart's newsletter to bloggers. Frankly, it provides little if any value-added to my blogging. An example of value-added is that it did immediately notify me of the NYT article. If that makes me part of the early-response team for Wal-Mart, so be it. My view is that it makes my blogs better for my readers.

My posts on Wal-Mart go back to my first days as a blogger. You can locate most of those posts with technorati:

1. Emirates Economist - Wal-Mart

2. New Virginia Church Man - Wal-Mart

TAGS: , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home