Friday, April 08, 2005

Perils of taking a job on a visit visa - Gulf News

---QUOTE---
Lone Mae Escalante from Sharjah asks: Ten days before my visit visa expired I signed an appointment letter to join a company. The company offered to give me an employment visa. So, the next day I started work as per the contract. It took seven months for the company to provide me a work permit.
Till then, I was staying on a visit visa, paid by me. Is it right for me to pay for my visa renewals and extensions while working for the company? What are the employment rights in this kind of situation?

Amar Kale from the UAE asks: I am on a visit visa. If I want to change an employer what is the policy? My employer is not good and I have to work 14 hours a day. I want to change my employer. If I sign an employment contract will I be able to resign from the current company?
---UNQUOTE---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home