Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Taboo quiz - Marginal Revolution

All journalists should take this quiz and report the results to their readers. Bloggers are.

Tyler Cowen at Marginal Revolution took the quiz and reports:

My results:

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.10.
Your Interference Factor is: 0.00.
Your Universalising Factor is: 1.00.
In other words, I am pretty libertarian.
My results were:

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.00.
Your Interference Factor is: 0.00.
Your Universalising Factor is: 1.00.
Fully Permissive
I guess this means I'm more libertarian than Tyler? Or maybe they didn't ask the right questions.

Along with my results came this interpretation: "it is interesting to note that had you judged any of these acts to be morally problematic, it is hard to see how this might have been justified. You don't think that an act can be morally wrong if it is entirely private and no one, not even the person doing the act, is harmed by it."

Hmmmm. Sounds like these acts all involved a double coincidence of wants: i.e., free trade.

2 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.07.
Your Interference Factor is: 0.00.
Your Universalising Factor is: 0.00.

Seems quite liberal too! I didn't want anyone punished, but I didn't want to see the guy screwing his frozen chicken either.

12:58 AM  
Blogger EclectEcon said...

My MQ was 0.13
IF = 0.0
UF = 0.0;

I figured that if people wanted to do some of those things, it was okay, but I still felt squeamish about them.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home