Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Purple Eagles survive Marist - Niagara Gazette

Will Whittington had 15 points for Marist, which has lost three in a row since McClurkin’s suspension for reportedly selling back his school textbooks and keeping the money. That’s an NCAA violation because books are provided free as part of a player’s scholarship.

I hope these were last semester's books, not this semester's books.

A few days ago I had a student come by to talk about why he'd failed principles of microeconomics last semester. In our interview, I learned that he did not buy the book last semester, and was retaking the class this semester. I advised him to buy the book. He said the tradeoff would be eating. I gave him my earlier edition of the text. I wonder if he's sold it yet. That would be a good question on the intermediate microeconomics exam.

No, when I started this blog I didn't expect to be doing basketball blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home